Difference between revisions of "Meta"
m (ConfirmEdit URL)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
The sole purpose of this website is to be useful for people learning string theory. It has no commercial ambitions and will never
The sole purpose of this website is to be useful for people learning string theory. It has no commercial ambitions and will never advertising.
Revision as of 18:37, 21 August 2007
The sole purpose of this website is to be useful for people learning string theory. It has no commercial ambitions and will never host advertising.
No moderation of content should be necessary. However, offensive comments will be removed. For example "This review of string theory doesn't mention the important topic of conformal field theory" is preferable to "This review is rubbish".
Copyright and Licensing
Unless otherwise stated the content in the String Theory Wiki is in the public domain. This means that:
- You are free to use this work for any commercial or non-commercial purpose.
- You are free to alter, transform, or build upon this work.
- You are free to distribute, display, and perform this work.
- You are free to copy this work.
- You are free to publish this work in print or electronically.
- No further permission is needed to do any of the above things.
If you would like to retain copyright over material you add to this website, please consider releasing it under a liberal copyleft license, such as the GNU Free Documentation License.
Please seek permission before you add the copyrighted work of others.
When you register you have the option to supply an email address. You can then choose to allow other users to contact you through the wiki. We will never pass these details to third parties and will seek to keep this information secure. However, if this site is hacked we take no responsibility if your email address falls into the wrong hands.
- Hosting content that is not suitable for the arXiv but still useful, e.g. unofficial lecture notes or model answers to textbook exercises.
- Information about postdocs.
- A place for people to post interesting projects which they don't have time to do themselves or with which they need help.
Please contact Tom if you have any further suggestions or would like to help.
On 10th and 11th April 2007 some robots registered accounts on the wiki and started deleting content. From now on, when you create a new account you will have to perform a simple sum to check that you are a human being (this is implemented using the ConfirmEdit extension). The robotic users have all been blocked from making further edits. If there is further robotic wikivandalism we will introduce visual CAPTCHA.
- George Cox for hosting the wiki and setting up the software.
- Stefan Fredenhagen for incorporating his list of string schools and conferences.
- Alberto Guijosa Hidalgo, on whose list of reviews this website is based.
- Donald Marolf for giving permission to include his Resource Letter: The Nature and Status of String Theory (hep-th/0311044).
- Bill Spence for his support and encouragement.
- All those who have written reviews.
Suggestions and comments