The sole purpose of this website is to be useful for people learning string theory.
No moderation of content should be necessary. However, offensive comments will be removed. For example "This review of string theory doesn't mention the important topic of conformal field theory" is preferable to "This review is rubbish".
Link to table of accounts.
Copyright and Licensing
Unless otherwise stated the content in the String Theory Wiki is in the public domain. This means that:
- You are free to use this work for any commercial or non-commercial purpose.
- You are free to alter, transform, or build upon this work.
- You are free to distribute, display, and perform this work.
- You are free to copy this work.
- You are free to publish this work in print or electronically.
- No further permission is needed to do any of the above things.
If you would like to retain copyright over material you add to this website, please consider releasing it under a liberal copyleft license, such as the GNU Free Documentation License.
Postdocs (ask Costas)
- Alberto Guijosa Hidalgo, on whose list of reviews this website is based.
- George Cox for hosting the wiki and setting up the software.
- Stefan Fredenhagen for incorporating his list of string schools and conferences.
- Bill Spence for his support and encouragement.
- All those who have written reviews.
OAI-PMH interface http://arxiv.org/help/arxiv_identifier_for_services
http://arxiv.org/oai2/ is baseURL
http://citebase.eprints.org/cgi-bin/oai2 is the baseURL OAI2 interface for citebase data
A request needs a very and record identifier, e.g. http://arxiv.org/oai2?verb=GetRecord&identifier=oai:arXiv.org:hep-th/9901001&metadataPrefix=oai_dc
It would be good to get a utility to harvest paper metadata (see http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html )
Make an HTTP request to the repository for oai:arXiv.org:cs/0112017, which responds in XML.